The Wedding

I woke up at 4 o'clock & the day had finally come! My hairstylist came to my parents house & I reminisced over & over about the perfect day I was about to have. My parents & I drove to the Salt Lake City Temple. As we walked into the temple, I saw the man I loved waiting for me. He was nervous with shaky palms because we we were late...my dad had to grab an Egg McMuffin.

During our temple sealing, a few things stuck out in my mind. The mirrors. As you look in front of you, you see infinite mirrors. If you look behind you, you also see infinite mirrors. I remember learning about how we come to life to get sealed to an eternal companion. We are standing still. Everything behind us has brought us to this moment. Everything in front of us is going to reflect on our marriage, our lives together, and the covenants we made. It was beautiful. To this day, it still makes me cry when I attend a sealing.

I also remember some advice we received in the temple: to love each other, to pray every single night together & to pray for each other. The rest seemed to be a blur, simply because I was so extremely consumed with the beauty of his hazel eyes, his smile, and the way he was lightly rubbing my hand as he was holding it.

The day was just perfect. We returned to my parents house and got ready for the reception. We went to lay down to rest  and I remember saying, "Can I see it?" I was still a virgin. I hadn't even seen a "male part" up close and personal. He showed me & I laughed. Then I showed him. And he gasped. We didn't do anything physical. But just said, "I'll show you mine & you'll show me yours." Kind of funny. Okay, really funny.

The reception was fun. We got to see almost everybody we ever loved & cared about. It was beautiful. And it couldn't have gone more perfect. After the reception, we drove to The Little America to spend our first night as husband and wife together. The hotel room was beautiful. There was sparkling cider, chocolate covered strawberries, and a golden key with our wedding date carved into it. The bed was fancy & the bathroom was gorgeous. As we arrived, I said, "Let's go hot tubbing!" We got in our suits & went downstairs, realizing it was super busy. We resorted to going upstairs & taking a bath in the huge tub...in our swimsuits. We kissed and talked and kept talking about how perfect the day was.

In the bathroom, I slipped on a beautiful white tulle lingerie set my room mates had given me a few weeks prior. I felt so beautiful. I was so eager and excited to see the look on his face when I came out of the bathroom. After walking into the bedroom, he was laying on the bed. He looked at me, tears filled his eyes, and he told me I looked beautiful. I jumped on the bed. We shared countless I love you's, and kissed some more.

The moment that I had been thinking about my whole life was here. We were about to have sex. As he kissed me, we rolled over and I was lying on my back. We didn't necessarily know what we were doing. But we tried penetration and it didn't work. We both assumed it was because I hadn't ever had sex before and that I was probably too tight. We continued to kiss, snuggle, and love. Though sex didn't work for us, it was still absolutely perfect.

A few hours later, we sat on the chairs next to the table, talking, laughing, and eating the delicious chocolate covered strawberries. I felt a bit embarrassed that our first time didn't consist of a ridiculous orgasm the way you see it in the movies followed by a second round ten minutes later. But instead, it was loving. It was gentle. Still, it was perfect.